Thursday, June 18, 2009

Let's talk about murder!

Those of you who know me well are probably tired of hearing me talk about my murder mystery. But for those who seldom associate my name with murder, no, I'm not "Kiddering" around. I'm happily writing the first in a series of murder mysteries revolving around a young journalist named Maddie, her seriously fun senior neighbor, Lil, and a host of characters from the most beautiful town in Florida, Vero Beach. It all starts with Maddie walking on the beach after work with a large iced mocha latte, a socialite's daughter who believed a lie and ended up dead, and a town that wouldn't be bullied. It doesn't hurt that Lil's handsome grandson, a professor from New York, feels compelled to fly down and solve this case, too.

So why's a Christian writer intrigued with murder? Because real life happens to all of us, Christian or not. I'm delighted to join the ranks of many fellow authors who have jumped into a new genre and found such challenge and delight. You'll find hints and updates, maybe even an excerpt or two, right here on my blog.

Feel like there's a budding writer inside you, too? Check out Jerry Jenkins' Christian Writers Guild website: www.christianwritersguild.com. You'll be amazed at all the new mini courses being designed for those with singular interests. My favorite courses are still the Apprentice and Journeyman courses, designed for serious students. Over the years I have mentored many and watched some go into full time writing careers. How fun is that?

Stay in touch. You'll be hearing from me when you least expect it.
Virelle



1 comment:

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

I love good mystery novels and my dad lives in Vero- sounds like a book for me!