Monday, January 19, 2009

Nudging the Slug

Hi, friends,

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks to all who have written or stopped by my website (www.virellekidder.com) and signed up for my newsletter "Virelle & Friends." Many have asked for prayer and shared your lives. I can't tell you how much that means to me.

Like many of you, I'm working on "nudging the slug" inside me that would rather read a good book or hang out on my computer than exercise. Aiming for 30 minutes a day, I've already walked twice this week, which is a small, but good beginning. That scares me.

We all know how easy it is to begin grandly, and soon lose our head of steam. Before too long, the path behind us is littered with good intentions. Lots of people tell me they plan to write a book one day. Some envision a financial boom with their first novel. But books are small stuff when compared to health issues like stopping smoking, or seeking help with drug or alcohol abuse. Those who've succeeded will say it takes huge courage. And what about healing a wounded marriage? Even a glance at the divorce statics in America proves good plans dissolve quickly when we encounter trouble.

So here we both sit wondering how anyone accomplishes her goals? Is it worth trying to lose that weight, or write that book, finish college, or stop unhealthy habits before they kill us? Do we dare hope for success? I think so. In fact, I know so.

Listen up, friends. We have a Father in Heaven who cares about every moment in our life. (Psalm 139) He has good plans for us (Jeremiah 29:11) and will strengthen us to do His will as we ask Him to. Sound amazing? It's true, and too wonderful for words. Sure, in my pathetic flesh I'll fail. But in God's strength, you and I can accomplish every dream He's put in our hearts. I believe it.

Write me and let me know what your dreams are. We can pray for one another as we move forward in faith, one step at a time.

Don't forget to post a comment and write back.

His Best to You!
Virelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Cowardly, wayward, and weak
I change with the changing sky
Today so eager and brave
Tomorrow not willing to try
But He never gives in
and we two shall win
Yeshua (Jesus) and I."

This is a poem Corrie ten Boom often referred to. It so well expresses my own strength from day to day unless I have cried out for help and have taken hold of His strength right then.

I just want to say that I received my copy of Donkeys Still Talk today.. and I have cried such good tears as I read and read. There is so much I have to say to God and so much He has to say to me. Thank you so much for words that uncover truth and point me to Him.