Monday, March 14, 2011

Good Thinking

HI, friends,


Some of the best advice I’ve ever received came from a woman I didn’t like much. But she had a godly mom, and I knew these words came straight from her lips. After I’d downloaded some complaint, she said, “Think the best.” That’s it. Just “Think the best.”

How simple, I thought. I could do that. Maybe when confronted with situations or people that rub me the wrong way and make my nerves dance on edge, if I thought the best thoughts, instead of my usual critical or anxious thoughts, I’d be more in line with God’s thinking.

It’s no big surprise, then, that the Bible tells us in Phil. 4:8 to think about “whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things.” Nothing negative on this list, is there?

Yes, it’s an effort at first, but thinking the best gradually gets easier and leads more quickly to prayer, which is always the most excellent thought any one can have.


Virelle Kidder, helping you find the best life there is

No comments: