Saturday, March 19, 2011

How to Wake up Happy


There was a time when waking up happy challenged me. My first thoughts were, in this order:

1. What time is it?
2. How much sleep did I get?
3. Can I sleep some more?
4. What do I absolutely have to do today that I can't get out of?

Rarely did this change.

Until one day, it occurred to me, just waking up is a good thing. Also, waking up and being able to get up is doubly good. Add to that, waking up, being able to get up and knowing God still loves me makes it very, very good indeed. I am also able to serve Him, love others in His name, and ask for help on those frequent mornings when doing either is not so easy. All in all, a good day.

After all, consider the alternative in this sign in an undertaker's office: "Any day above the ground is a good day." I'd say that's true. How about you?

Make today a very, very good day, my friend, no matter what your facing. God loves you and He is closer than you ever imagined.

Bless ewe,
Virelle
PS. Like this orchid? My husband bought one just like it and is raising orchids now at home.

1 comment:

Elaine W. Miller said...

The older I get, the easier it is to wake up and get up. I figure I don't have that many days left, and I need to make the most of each one. I won't be sleeping my life away!

Love you, Virelle.