Saturday, November 27, 2010

What to Do When Evil Threatens

Hello, dear friends,

Today as I watch the news of North Korea's cross hairs aimed at South Korea once again, hear of a foiled terrorist attempt at a Christmas Tree lighting with thousands in attendance in Portland, and hear of more political compromise with terrorist leaders in Afghanistan, and increasing threats against the Free World and Israel, I am stunned by the power of prayer to thwart evil. Since 9/11, like many of you, I've prayed for peace, but specifically that all the weapons and evil intentions trained on Christians and Jews alike would end in confusion. I pray that every weapon formed against us will not prosper. It's not a new prayer. Take a look today at Psalm 140.

"Rescue me, O Lord, from evil men;
protect me from men of violence,
who devise evil plans in their hearts
and stir up war every day.
They make their tongues as sharp as serpent's;
the poison of vipers is on their lips.
Keep me, O Lord, from the hands of the wicked;
protect me from men of violence
who plan to trip my feet.
Proud men have hidden a snare for me;
they have spread out the cords of their net
and have set traps for me
along my path.
O Lord, I say to you, "You are my God."
Hear, O Lord, my cry for mercy.
O Sovereign Lord, my strong deliverer,
who shields my head in the day of battle -
do not grant the wicked their desires, O Lord;
do not let their plans succeed,
or they will become proud."
Ps. 140: 1-8

Please read the rest of the psalm today and join me in this prayer. May God be glorified and evil thrown down.
Praise His Name!

No comments: